Find a list of ideas for Christmas gifts for 0-3 month old babies.
You always hear “give them a box” when new parents ask seasoned parents about what to buy their toddler as a gift. It’s all they will play with any way is the advice. And while it is pretty much true, I always had a problem with it.
Of course I know that they don’t really need anything at that age. But lots of times the parent wants to start a tradition. To experience the fun and some of the holiday magic with young kids at home.
So when both of my babies were born near the end of the year, I found myself with a 3 week old one Christmas and a 2 month old at Christmas a few years later.
And of course I fell into the category of I wanted to give them something for Christmas. So we did a couple of small gifts and then Santa even brought them a few presents.
Here I will share with you ideas for Christmas gifts for 0-3 month old infants.
(Affiliate Links are used in this post. A small commission may be paid to me at no extra cost to you and that helps to support this page. Please see my disclosures page for additional information.)
Christmas Gifts for 0-3 Month Old
There are a couple of things to keep in mind when shopping for a brand new baby for Christmas.
- Keep it Practical – They don’t have wants for “things” yet so feel free to grab something practical that they really need.
- Minimize the Gifts – I get that it is so fun for your toddler or young child to have a pile of presents to open (even if they are small because it is all about the box at that age, right?). But for a 1 month old, they will have zero interest or ability to engage with a wrapped present. So keep it to just a few items.
Practical Baby Gifts for a Newborn Infant
If someone is asking what to get your new baby for Christmas, these are some things that are fairly practical but also make good gifts for infants.
- Clothing – anything that you might need that you didn’t get prior to them being born.
- Books – start building their Christmas book collection now so that you can do this Christmas Advent calendar when they are around 2! It is so fun.
- Splurge Items for Baby that Also Help Mama – a Baby Brezza if you are bottle feeding, luxury jogging stroller etc.
- Essential Items for when they are older – Think about things you didn’t get at your baby showers that you will need in a few months. Spoons, divided plates, sippy cups, extra blankets.
- Start them a College fund – It is not too early!
Toys That Santa Brought for Our 1 Month old
Both of those years that we had tiny babies at home, Santa visited! He brought a few toys that were perfect for an infant to enjoys.
Activity Gym – These are great to entertain young babies. Not only do they keep the infant engaged, it helps to encourage their motor skills and provides a nice spot for tummy time.
Fisher Price Rattle & Teether Gift Set – The sweet treats set is discontinued but any set that you like would be great for this age.
Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Camera
Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Puppy (We actually had the monkey but that had been discontinued too)
Toys That Santa Brought for our 2 Month old
Smooth Moves Sloth – I think we had a different animal but it was similar to this. My baby loved watching it move at this age.
Whatever you decide, remember that there is no right or wrong when it comes to Christmas gifts for 0-3 month old babies.
You do what makes you happy. Does a 1 month old need a Christmas gift or toy? No not really. Is it totally fine to want to buy that sweet baby something? Of course!
Have fun & and enjoy your first Christmas with your new precious baby.
Leave a Reply